Monday, January 26, 2009

The picture says it all.....

When we watched parts of Amadeus in class I thought of two things. 1) This guy is absolutely nuts. 2) This guy is an absolute genius. But like all great minds of the past, insanity usually comes with it. 
I have seen this movie before for other classes and I truly enjoy it. I played the bass clarinet in my school band from 3rd grade to 12th grade so music has always been a big part of my life and I recall playing many works that he had composed. What he did in the short life that he had is incredible. The amount of symphonies that we can easily recognize as Mozart are still being played and his place in music history will always be apparent.

This time period is a very interesting one. Like we are discussing, the only forms of entertainment besides church was to go to these operas and dress nice and socialize. It is amazing to see how they used such little technology that they had in order to make the play or opera look right. Obviously they do not compare to what we can do now, but for the time period, the use of the 4th wall was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment