Sunday, April 19, 2009

Perfromance Art Piece- Build Your Own Fortune(In a "Two Piece Suit")

I really enjoyed the performance art pieces that everyone did last thursday. It is great to see that even non art majors came up with such creative ideas! I definitely saw a lot of influence from the videos we saw and artists we learned about the past 2 weeks in a lot of everyones work. I certainly was influenced by several of the artists in my piece. The video we saw on the typewriter lady where she had people dictate what they wanted to say to the president and then gave one copy to the person and sent another to the president had a major impact on mine. I combined that idea with the ideas of randomization and the cut up poems to make my piece a randomized way that fortunes could be created with the involvement of the audience. I also tried to use technology as much as possible to make it like i was removing myself as the artist form the work and just let technology fully take over. That is why i chose to not speak but rather have the computer speak for me. All of the pieces were very creative and entertaining and I'm just glad that nobody decided to go with a Stelarc approach... 

6 comments:

  1. great job with your video art.... i liked the make your own fortune and the computer voice at the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're was probably my favorite piece. It was so brilliant! You definitely made an impression.... Great job Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting outfit let me just say. It was very entertaining and original. I loved the rules you made and set up as your base. Great idea and great use of what we've learned to influence your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked your idea. I liked that the ipod formed the sentence. yours was probably the most memorable. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea and hilarious performance, it was totally cool, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you had a really good idea with the lyrics of the songs, and the outfit was really comical. it was a great project overall.

    ReplyDelete